Wilmington Yearly Meeting Youth Minister Job Description
- Host WYM youth events 4 times per year.
- Including an event at Yearly Meeting summer sessions and Mini-Yearly Meeting winter sessions.
- The youth minister will be a resource and support for all camps, including recruiting and working with camp directors, and doing counselor training sessions.
- Will be present for all the camping program time.
- Responsible for ordering camp T-shirts, and coordinating camp pictures.
- Work in conjunction with the Quaker Knoll Camp webmaster.
- Must report any signs of abuse or neglect to the Yearly Meeting office.
- Organize/plan other events as led or when called upon.
- Attend Youth & Young Adult (YAYA) Meetings.
- Make reports as needed – including but not limited to camping program plans and outcomes.
- Work with YAYA Committee on preparing Yearly Camp Report for Annual Sessions and Mini-Yearly Meeting Sessions.
- Take responsibility for Quaker Knoll social media.
- During “off” season – 15 hours/month.
- Be available for training/outreach to Monthly Meetings as requested.
- Stay connected to WYM Youth, including taking responsibility for/developing social media presence.
- Meet regularly with a Support Committee for personal welfare, which shall consist of 2-3 individuals from Wilmington Yearly Meeting who are spiritually grounded and mature. At least one of these individuals should be under 40.
- Demonstrates an understanding of or an interest in Friends beliefs and practices. Must be willing to promote Friends beliefs and practices in programming and activities. A candidate who is a Quaker or active in a Quaker Meeting is preferred, but not required.
- 23 years old or 2 years of college.
- Must pass a background check and be willing to attend Sexual Harassment Training workshop provided by WYM, and other trainings as required.
- Be sensitive to the breadth of theological and cultural diversity within WYM.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Has a passion for working with youth and good relationship skills with young people.
- Creative and driven about ways to keep youth and young people engaged in the life of WYM.
- 9 months/year: $225 per month
- 3 months/year (May/June/July): $750 per month
- Total: $4,275 per year